Simplifying can mean many different things to different people. For me, it’s paring down your life to get rid of clutter in all areas: closets, schedules, relationships.
Simplicity is the freedom of being able to smile, say “no thanks”, and walk away without being riddled with guilt or feeling you’re missing out on something.
Here are five things I enjoy thanks to simplicity:
- More time. Fewer engagements and less stuff mean you don’t have to spend as much time managing the administrative side of life.
- More money. Simplifying often means buying less, traveling less, and opting for fewer paid activities. Which allows you to save your money for what matters!
- More creativity. Slowing down helps think outside the box. For example, during the strictest covid lockdowns, we discovered lovely spots we’ve never visited before within walking distance.
- Deeper engagement. If you put your phone aside and don’t look at the time for a bit, you can really be present in the moment.
- Stronger relationships. For me, simplicity means spending time with people you truly care about and elegantly opting out of superficial relationships.
I’m sure I can think of more, but these are the main points. What is simplicity for you?